Unlock the secrets of effective doordrop media planning with this informative webinar from Whistl, who take you through a detailed approach for creating doordrop targeting data sets.
Ready to dive in? Here’s a sneak peek of what’s involved:
- Speakers include Rob Wilcox (director of planning at Whistl), Tom Ridges (CEO of Herdify) discussing word-of-mouth targeting, and Susie Idle (business development director at Whistl).
Key principles of doordrop planning
- Establishing a clear objective for the doordrop campaign is fundamental.
- Once the audience is identified, strategic planning involves deciding on the creative, offer, messaging, incentives, and coordination with other media.
- Success measurement is crucial, using response data to inform future campaigns.
- Geodemographics, provided by companies like Experian and Acorn, are traditional methods of targeting.
- Market research data, such as TGI and JICMAIL, offer insights into consumer behaviour and interactions with mail.
- Consumer expenditure data can highlight spending patterns in different regions.
Offline community targeting
- Word-of-mouth is a powerful tool for marketers, as humans are inherently influenced by their community and peers.
- Detecting word-of-mouth has been challenging, but when harnessed, it can significantly boost ROI for doordrop campaigns.
Application and summary
- Doordrop media planning allows for precise targeting, selecting specific postcode sectors based on potential.
- Brands can effectively connect with consumers in their homes using doordrop media, especially when leveraging new targeting techniques.