We’re Diamond Whites – Europe’s leading invisible aligner and teeth whitening brand.
We were spending around £200,000 on ads each month, with no concrete evidence of how they were performing. It felt like a huge amount of money to spend, and in some ways like we were just throwing the money at the whole of the UK!
We were also confined by the fact that we also had a physical dentistry presence, so ideally we wanted to simplify the logistics for our dentists by not having customers spread out across the whole country.
We took Herdify’s data insights and used them to direct our ad spend more efficiently. Previously we’d tried to target all channels and all locations, which meant that despite being a healthy amount, our budget wasn’t really making a dent.
Instead, we focussed specifically on Herdify-recommended areas. With Herdify’s retail intelligence, we were able to plan our dentistry resources more efficiently and deploy our marketing budget in the right places. The results speak for themselves.
- 56% of sales came from Herdify areas (which equated to less than 5% of ad spend)
- 95% cheaper to acquire new customers in Herdify-recommended areas
- The annual cost for Herdify would be covered 12.5 times over in the very first month, based on performance
By targeting customers who have been exposed to Diamond Whites through word-of-mouth, we’ve been able to
- focus our social media ads on those communities where we have the strongest brand advocacy
- stop the guesswork that comes with social media targeting
- find more customers who actually convert from social media advertising
Behind the scenes
We encourage referrals through a generous discount scheme, and our organic social media strategy is focussed entirely around user-generated content that rewards brand engagement and advocacy. We also hugely value the impact of positive reviews.
But until now, we’ve had no way of finding where this is happening in the offline world. Herdify’s AI technology has enabled us to detect offline word-of-mouth, and target our social media advertising to those areas.
Our social ads have acted as a nudge to those who have already received a word-of-mouth recommendation for our product. This has meant that more customers have converted through our social ads and we’ve significantly reduced acquisition costs.